Farewell to George W Bush

Strangely enough, I think we'll all miss these kinds of statements now an erudite president has taken office in the US...

'The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.'
- George W. Bush

'If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.'
- George W. Bush

'One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.'
-George W. Bush


'I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.'
- George W. Bush

'The future will be better tomorrow.'
- George W. Bush


'We're going to have the best educated American people in the world.'
- George W. Bush


'I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.'
- George W Bush


'We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe . We are a part of Europe '
- George W. Bush


'Public speaking is very easy.'
- George W. Bush

'A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.'
- George W. Bush

'I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.'
-George Bush


'We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.'
- George W. Bush


'For NASA, space is still a high priority.'
-George W. Bush


'Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.'
-George W. Bush


'It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.'
- George W. Bush

Comments

MixMax said…
Funny and shameful at the same time. The man caused a lot of damage, hopefully these days are over, lets only do hoping.
Janet Woodlock said…
I don't really follow U.S. politics closely, but I was more concerned about Bush rhetoric implying (and perhaps belief in) a black and white moral universe with US on the side of good (axis of evil, evil dictators vs. the good cause of democracy) than a bit of verbal blundering. This seemed to lead to the ends justifies the means in some instances.

I have the impression some of the things that have given the international community the most discomfort have had Cheney's fingerprints on them more so than Bush. Anyway... time to move on... hoping for better from Obama.
Anonymous said…
LOL!
Good to see you back, Janet!
Janet Woodlock said…
Yes, I've been away a couple of times (note picture of me at the Blue Lake at Mt Gambier) and in "vegie holiday mode" in between times. Actually, I'm trying to wean myself back on computer time... it's easy for me to waste a LOT of time surfing unproductively!

Nice to hear from you... I'll check out your neglected (from me) and thought-provoking blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Kylie Orr Blog - Part One

The Moral Minefield